Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
Are you looking for an exciting role where you’ll be given the opportunity to make an instant impact as well as long-term change?
In this newly created role of Data Protection Executive you will be responsible for ensuring that Dennis is fit and ready for the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations as well as assisting the business in all areas of legal and data compliance. We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who loves everything about data, is comfortable working under their own initiative but also thrives on leading teams on a variety of projects.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be developing an understanding of operational processes and controls, and assess their effectiveness in mitigating data protection risks faced by Dennis
- You’ll be reporting into the Head of Data and Marketing Technology who will provide support on business decisions and help clarify legislative ambiguity
- You’ll be managing the general administration of the Subject Access Request (SAR) process ensuring that records are kept in an orderly fashion and that there is evidence that legal requirements have been met
- Proud of your attention to detail and accuracy skills? You’ll be ensuring notifications to the Information Commissioner are in place and are accurate in nature
- You’ll be carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments on new products and projects and completing Data Protection Audits on business functions and key risk areas
- You’ll be providing legal and technical knowledge and expertise, in the areas of privacy and data protection, on group projects and contracts (full training will be given);
- You’ll have opportunities to contribute to the development of the organisation’s risk management and control systems
- You’ll welcome the challenge of needing to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the business using your gravitas and experience
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have a sufficient knowledge of Privacy and Data Protection legislation and in particular a good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR.)
- You will have an honours degree or equivalent qualifications (higher education or professional qualifications) or if you lack formal academic qualifications, relevant work experience.
- You are highly literate; have strong communication skills and are comfortable in dealing with all levels of staff.
- You are extremely self-motivated, driven to excellence and you have a keen eye for detail.
We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.