The telesales manager is the highly-skilled heart of BuyaCar.co.uk: expert at leading a team that tenaciously chases every lead while maintaining a razor-sharp focus on industry-leading customer service. No previous vehicle sales experience is required - if you’re used to going above and beyond to clinch sales then you’ll fit right in.
We’re dedicated to offering the most hassle-free car buying process, taking place entirely online. Behind our smooth sales process, we need a fast-thinking and quick-acting telesales manager with a solution to every customer concern or (rare) complaint, a positive attitude to demanding targets and complete compliance with all selling and financial regulations.
We’re a multi-million pound business with stellar sales growth and record numbers of cars delivered each month in 2017. You’ll need fresh ways of inspiring and training our staff to achieve greater levels of sales and customer satisfaction. There’s plenty of opportunity for you to make your mark because we need you to grow the team by recruiting new members and shaping them into the BuyaCar mould.
There’s great potential, with tens of thousands of buyers looking at our cars each month. As part of Dennis Publishing, we are part of Britain’s most dynamic media business, alongside titles that include Auto Express, Evo and Carbuyer. If that’s not enough, you can feel good about your career here: we work for the benefit of the Heart of England Forest charity.
It’s a big brief that requires a track record of successfully recruiting, managing and developing a telesales team with spectacular results. You’ll enjoy the thrill of a fast-paced, target-driven environment and consider yourself a creative, imaginative and brilliant leader. Most of all, you’ll be ready to turbocharge BuyaCar.co.uk - and your career.
What will you be doing?
- You'll be managing an existing team of 6, with an aim to rapidly recruit and grow
- Recruiting and onboarding new team members
- You'll be coaching, inspiring and motivating the team
- Devising and implementing structures and processes to ensure efficient and effective running of the team e.g. commission structure
- Taking responsibility for the ongoing training and development of the team
- Monitoring the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training accordingly on an ongoing basis
- Call monitoring and listening for training purposes and to ensure FCA compliance
- Handling customer complaints, queries, and cancellations
- Hitting and exceeding targets
- As a Senior member of the team, you'll be reporting on team KPIs to the Directors and contributing to the overall BuyaCar strategy.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a proven track record in successfully recruiting, managing and developing a telesales team
- You've got excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have proven ability to prioritise, multitask and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- You have a 'can-do' attitude with keen focus on exceeding targets and KPIs
- You may have a knowledge of FCA legislation and compliance
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.