Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
The Week is the UK’s most read news weekly in its printed form. The magazine is available in both print and digital formats, across theweek.co.uk, and iPhone/iPad, Kindle and Android devices.
Are you a dynamic and creative marketer with digital experience? Looking for a new challenge where you'll be implementing a robust social media strategy as well as an app marketing strategy across digital platforms? We're very excited to be looking for a Senior Direct Marketing Executive to develop The Week's presence across both on and offline channels!
What will you be doing?
- Delivering the subscription volume and revenue targets set in The Week and The Week Juniors budget forecasts.
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager for The Week, and the Marketing Manager for The Week Junior working closely with the rest of the acquisitions team to not just meet but exceed these targets.
- Ensuring all campaigns are targeted and integrated while thinking about customer journeys, tracking and fulfilment.
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager in managing the acquisitions budget, and recommending marketing strategies to meet targets.
- Ensuring all learnings are shared with the wider Direct Marketing department, and providing support/ leading cross department projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Managing day-to-day responsibilities for our social and mobile marketing for The Week.
- Driving optimisation and testing across all activity and integrated campaigns, and ensuring that all learnings are shared across the department.
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager in the management of The Week’s digital apps across all digital platforms - Apple, Google, Kindle, web.
- Implementing additional activity for our loyalty and retention programmes, supporting The Week Junior, The Week Junior schools and other ad hoc projects.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting regularly on website performance and results
- Pro-actively seeking out projects and opportunities that will benefit The Week team and the department.
- Seeking out partnerships and swapping opportunities for Dennis and The Week by building new external relationships with other brands.
- Providing pro-active input to Publisher, both in monthly meetings and on a day-to-day basis.
Who are we looking for?
- You have experience in subscriptions, membership marketing, recurring revenues or gaming
- You have experience with managing social and mobile media marketing (in particular Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
- You have experience in managing campaigns to drive installs to apps.
- You have an understanding of how the app stores (Apple, Google, Amazon) work, and how apps are developed (desirable)
- You understand PPC and have some experience working on PPC campaigns with an agency (desirable)
- You are proficient in using Google Analytics
- You have experience managing campaign budgets and spend
- You have excellent creative skills and copywriting experience
- You're highly numerate with a good analytical mind
- You have superb attention to detail
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.