Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
Looking for your first step into a successful business and a role where you can start your career in finance?
If you're methodical, analytical, super organised and you're keen to explore a career in finance; then this role as a Sales/Purchase Ledger Controller is for you.
What will you be doing?
- Daily input of supplier invoices
- Raising customer invoices
- Inputting banking transactions
- Filing of invoices and supplier statements
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- Matching up of cheques/remittances to invoices for month end cheque run
- Input of expense forms on a weekly basis
- General maintenance of invoice files
- Ad hoc assistance as necessary within purchase ledger
Who are we looking for?
- You have strong organisational skills with excellent efficiency and attention to detail.
- You have excellent numeracy skills and an analytical mind.
- You're able to confidently work to monthly deadlines.
- You're proud of your excellent telephone manner and you have brilliant communication skills.
- You have experience using Excel and feel confident in using it on a daily basis.
- You're definitely a team player and enjoy working in a large team, but you're able to work independently also.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.