Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
Auto Express, Britain’s biggest-selling car title, is looking for a new Consumer Journalist to join its ranks.
What will you be doing?
As a Consumer Reporter, you’ll be working with the editorial team to produce innovative news stories, groundbreaking features, and unmissable consumer stories for the award-winning magazine and the fast-growing Auto Express website.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re able to recognise what makes for a good story quickly and write clear, insightful and accurate news stories for both online and print.
- You have an investigative mind and the ability to spot a story from a dense report or a large set of data. An innovative approach to coming up with news stories or a new angle on an existing story is essential.
- You’re able to write features on a regular basis. It's important that you can write interesting and exciting features that range across a number of topics, such as spending a day with an ambulance crew to taking part in a road trip across Germany on electric power. Experience of how to conduct insightful interviews and understand what makes for a good feature that Auto Express readers will find useful is also key.
- You’re able to handle reader enquiries and turn them into informative consumer stories in the Watchdog section of Auto Express.
- You know what makes for good online content, with an understanding of SEO and keyword ranking
- You have an interest in cars and the automotive industry. However, wannabe road testers need not apply!
A background in journalism is ideal, but more important is the ability for the candidate to be a team player and a quick and accurate newshound with an excellent standard of writing.
We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.