Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
eCommerce revenues are fast becoming one of Dennis’ biggest digital revenue streams with significant growth witnessed over the last 3 years. This growth can be seen both in our automotive retail site buyacar.co.uk and the vast amount of activity that connects our audience of 25m users with shopping partners.
The eCommerce Product Manager will deliver our strategy across a variety of sites across various business verticals. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of leading a consumer facing eCommerce brand and have an extensive product management skillset. This is a complex role dealing with multiple brands and stakeholders across the Dennis business. You will lead the product strategy for your assigned brands and build, maintain and deliver eCommerce product roadmaps to time and budget.
What will you be doing?
- Identify opportunities for future development to make shopping and online transactions easier for our customers both through direct transactions
- Prioritise and maximise business value from all product developments by understanding customer shopping behaviours and commercial trends
- Understand and spec out customer and business requirements for improvements to the shopping experience by working with internal teams such as BI, Marketing, Audience Development and Operations
- Ensure all projects are spec’d up correctly to ensure the smooth and continued delivery of new features
- Become the figurehead across the organisation for our eCommerce activity and within the industry
- Work effectively with various business units to deliver to agreed product roadmap
- Lead the development of assigned existing and new products across our eCommerce operation
- Create and deliver the product vision
- Manage, develop and prioritise the development backlog for our range of eCommerce products
- Create a robust business cases which lay out clear, measurable benefits in line with Dennis’ strategic objectives and brand ambitions.
- Set and deliver against agreed performance and product KPIs
- Provide monthly product performance reports
- Where applicable, manage the customer journeys from old to new products.
- Manage the full life cycle of the assigned products
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of technology/online solutions and developments in the UK and globally
- Constantly maintain a pipeline of potential product enhancements which most suitably meet relevant commercial needs and which are prioritised appropriately according to their profitability, ease of implementation and strategic importance.
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified, or relevant work experience
- Automotive knowledge advantageous but not required
- Formal qualification in Product Management, Marketing or other business or technology related discipline is highly advantageous
- Experience in eCommerce Product Management with major consumer facing brand
- Experience in product development working with agile methodologies.
- Track record of delivery in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience of user interface & workflow design for business systems.
- Experience of application & system integration working with external partners.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a cross functional environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent data analysis, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail in documentation and communication
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet variable deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and define own workload
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.