Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
Are you looking for an exciting role where you’ll be given the opportunity to make an instant impact as well as long-term change?
In this newly created role of Data Protection Executive you will be responsible for ensuring that Dennis is fit and ready for the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations as well as assisting the business in all areas of legal and data compliance. We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who loves everything about data, is comfortable working under their own initiative but also thrives on leading teams on a variety of projects.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll be developing an understanding of operational processes and controls, and assess their effectiveness in mitigating data protection risks faced by Dennis
- You’ll be reporting into the Head of Data and Marketing Technology who will provide support on business decisions and help clarify legislative ambiguity
- You’ll be managing the general administration of the Subject Access Request (SAR) process ensuring that records are kept in an orderly fashion and that there is evidence that legal requirements have been met
- Proud of your attention to detail and accuracy skills? You’ll be ensuring notifications to the Information Commissioner are in place and are accurate in nature
- You’ll be carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments on new products and projects and completing Data Protection Audits on business functions and key risk areas
- You’ll be providing legal and technical knowledge and expertise, in the areas of privacy and data protection, on group projects and contracts (full training will be given);
- You’ll have opportunities to contribute to the development of the organisation’s risk management and control systems
- You’ll welcome the challenge of needing to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the business using your gravitas and experience
- You have a sufficient knowledge of Privacy and Data Protection legislation and in particular a good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR.)
- You have an honours degree or equivalent qualifications (higher education or professional qualifications) or if you lack formal academic qualifications, relevant work experience.
- You are highly literate; have strong communication skills and are comfortable in dealing with all levels of staff.
- You are extremely self-motivated, driven to excellence and you have a keen eye for detail.
At Dennis, we dedicate ourselves to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in.
- We’re award winning. Award-winning brands, award-winning teams and a culture that encourages innovation.
- Our commitment. We’re all very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis. Every employee can plant a tree in their name to be part of our vision and future.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have plenty of great benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. After five years with Dennis you’ll earn a 6-week paid sabbatical, to spend as you like. And our Employee of the Year wins a holiday-of-a-lifetime on the Caribbean island of Mustique. And there’s more…
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties, or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we guarantee you’ll enjoy ‘Life at Dennis.’
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.