Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Web Analyst to join our PPA award-winning Audience Development team. Your role will be to inform the digital strategy of sites such as autoexpress.co.uk, alphr.com, denofgeek.com, buyacar.co.uk and theweek.co.uk. You’ll be a key member of the think tank behind our brands’ remarkable growth and will work alongside experts on content, SEO, social media, email, usability, web design and development.
What will you be doing?
- Continuously improve our Google Analytics implementation (using Google Tag Manager) to extract maximum insights from user behaviour
- Develop automated reporting and dashboards using technologies such as Google Data Studio, BigQuery and bespoke visualizations
- QA and debug our analytics implementation to maintain high standards of data quality
- Extract business insights from data to inform our digital strategy and communicate your method and conclusions clearly
- Provide data-backed answers to business questions from stakeholders
- Contribute to product enhancement by running Google Optimise experiments or analysing user journeys in GA
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities on our websites
- Understand the business objectives of our sites and develop meaningful metrics that accurately measure our success and encourage the right initiatives
- Train technical and non-technical users to get the most from analytics and related technologies
- Keep up to date with the latest analytics technology to ensure our toolset and approach is best of breed
- Work with other analysts across the building, to share knowledge, experience and effort effectively
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone operating at the frontier of web analytics – ideally Google Analytics.
- You will be an early adopter of technologies such as Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Google BigQuery and Google Data Studio.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience implementing Google Analytics, including Enhanced Ecommerce and Measurement Protocol, and using Tag Manager.
- You are totally at home extracting insights from data thanks to a Maths, Statistics or other numerate degree and an aptitude for processing data whether using spreadsheet, SQL, XPath, regex or whatever your next project demands.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.