Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Strategist to join our PPA award-winning Audience Development team. Your role will be to advise the editorial teams of sites such as autoexpress.co.uk, alphr.com, denofgeek.com and theweek.co.uk on content and social strategy. You’ll be a key member of the think tank behind our brands’ remarkable growth and will work alongside experts on content, SEO, social media, email, usability, web design and development.
What you'll be doing:
- Sit with and mentor editorial teams providing continuous feedback, recommendations and advice
- Research new content areas using tools such as AdWords Keyword Planner, Buzzsumo and Newswhip Spike
- Perform competitor analysis using tools such as Hitwise and SEMrush
- Understand Dennis brands and their keyword battlegrounds
- Train editorial on content strategy and SEO
- Assess the performance of content, highlighting exceptional performers both good and bad
- Work with campaign management to ensure delivery of advertising campaigns
- Ensure sites are traffic-optimised.
- Provide management reporting and clearly communicate strategy
- Ensure brands use social media effectively
- Provide research, content ideas and insights to help support advertising sales pitches
- Forecast traffic to content
- We are looking for someone with extensive experience of working with editorial, ideally at a level where you regularly train, mentor and advise users with a range of abilities.
- You should have excellent digital skills, and the ideal candidate will already be an advanced user of analytics, content management systems, keyword research tools and social media – though our team provides an excellent environment in which to enhance your knowledge. Confident spreadsheet users will be at an advantage.
At Dennis, we dedicate ourselves to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in.
- We’re award winning. Award-winning brands, award-winning teams and a culture that encourages innovation.
- Our commitment. We’re all very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis. Every employee can plant a tree in their name to be part of our vision and future.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have plenty of great benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. After five years with Dennis you’ll earn a 6-week paid sabbatical, to spend as you like. And our Employee of the Year wins a holiday-of-a-lifetime on the Caribbean island of Mustique. And there’s more…
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties, or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we guarantee you’ll enjoy ‘Life at Dennis.’
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.