Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
Our Award Winning development team are looking for a PHP/Drupal developer, with experience building and implementing websites and APIs in a commercial environment to join our team.
What will you be doing?
The role involves working on both greenfield projects and on our Drupal Distribution which powers our growing portfolio of brands including Alphr.com, BuyaCar.co.uk, AutoExpress.co.uk, Evo.co.uk, TheWeek.co.uk, mental_floss.co.uk, Carbuyer.co.uk, CloudPro.co.uk, ExpertReviews.co.uk, DenOfGeek.com, to develop and integrate front and back-end functionality using open source technologies.
The opportunity to work together with the engineering team at Dennis, will provide you with the skills needed to develop enterprise level cloud hosted applications, work on migrations from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 and give back to the Drupal ecosystem.
Who are we looking for?
Technical skill set:
- Drupal (Module development, Theming)
- RESTful web services (JSON, XML)
- PHP 5.x (object-oriented methodologies) and MySQL 5.x
- Experience writing unit test in PHPUnit
- XHTML, CSS, web standards
- Elasticsearch and Solr / Sphinx / other faceted search system
- Distributed VCS ( Mercurial, Git)
- Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Ability to complete tasks on your own as well as collaborate as a strong team member.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Drupal 8 experience
- Knowledge of Symfony components
- Linux server administration
- Task management tools (e.g. Jira, FogBugz), wikis
- Continuous integration / DevOps tools
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.