The Week magazine, first published in May 1995, makes sense of the week's news by distilling the best of the British and international media into 35 editorial pages. TheWeek.co.uk adapts that ethos for the web, digesting the most important stories of the day and setting them in their context.
Now, as The Week's online team expands, it is creating the role of Production Editor to maintain editorial standards and consistency across its digital platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Sub-editing copy, photo captions and headlines
- Managing story flow
- Ensuring consistency across our digital output, and maintaining the editorial standards established by The Week magazine.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidates will be excellent sub-editor with an eye for detail, and the organisational skills to manage the flow of copy from freelancers and staff writers, ensuring that it is edited to a high standard and published quickly.
You will have a minimum of five years’ experience as a journalist, and will be able to demonstrate your sub-editing skills. Knowledge of search-engine optimisation techniques are an advantage but not essential – training will be provided.
At Dennis, we dedicate ourselves to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in.
- We’re award winning. Award-winning brands, award-winning teams and a culture that encourages innovation.
- Our commitment. We’re all very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis. Every employee can plant a tree in their name to be part of our vision and future.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have plenty of great benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. After five years with Dennis you’ll earn a 6-week paid sabbatical, to spend as you like. And our Employee of the Year wins a holiday-of-a-lifetime on the Caribbean island of Mustique. And there’s more…
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties, or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we guarantee you’ll enjoy ‘Life at Dennis.’