evo, the leading performance car magazine and website is recruiting a new Art Editor.
Launched in 1998, evo has led the automotive magazine market when it comes to design and photography and we are now on the hunt for an Art Editor to continue to uphold the brand’s reputation for delivering the very best design to showcase the world’s most exciting cars.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the evolution of evo, overseeing all aspects of design for the magazine from developing cover concepts to laying out pages, picture editing and repro, managing and commissioning designers, staff and freelance photographers, securing and booking studio time when required and managing the design budget where appropriate.
Working with the production team you will also be responsible for delivering the magazine to the printers on time. You will be expert in InDesign and Photoshop and be able to work to tight deadlines while maintaining evo’s high standards of design excellence.
evo is part of Dennis Automotive with offices in central London and Bedford.
Who are we looking for?
You will have considerable experience of consumer magazine design, preferably - but not essential - in the automotive sector and be looking to make your next career step into a senior role.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.