Do you have a meticulous eye for detail and a love of grammar? Do you know what a dangling modifier is?
The Week is the perfect antidote to modern media’s overkill. Its appeal is completely different from any other mainstream media. It seeks to simplify and explain the world, providing context and clarity to complex issues.
Globally, The Week is one of the fastest growing print magazines of the last decade. The print magazine’s success has been recently matched by the rapid growth of its award winning digital editions and daily news websites, www.theweek.co.uk and www.theweek.com and its digital advertising growth.
We're now seeking a first-class Sub Editor to join our amazing The Week editorial team based in our Queensway office in London.
What will you be doing?
The Sub-Editor reads and edits every page in the magazine, so you will need to be able to work quickly and accurately, and be used to working in a fast-paced news environment. Knowledge of InDesign is required, as well as a keen interest in current affairs.
The role will also involve some work on The Week’s app, so familiarity with content management systems would be a real bonus, and from time to time you will be expected to deputise for the production editor.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.