A rare opportunity to join the unique and highly successful current affairs brand, The Week, as an Account Director. You’ll be joining Dennis at an exciting time with our new fantastic bespoke headquarters in Fitzrovia, a stone’s throw from Charlotte Street designed for agile working and hosting client / agency meetings.
Recently awarded PPA Consumer Magazine Brand of the year, The Week provides it’s A/B audience with a smart, objective curation of news, arts, leisure and business.
Hugely popular with clients and agencies, The Week leads the current affairs division at Dennis Publishing with a extensive range of platforms and products: theweek.co.uk online, the weekday mobile app, the recently acquired Money Week and our award winning launch The Week Junior.
What will you be doing?
The Week requires an intelligent and creative positioning as a unique and highly influential brand - the expertise in our sales team reflect the quality and personality of the product with a strong reputation for exceptional professionalism, smart ideas and charming influential style.
- You’ll be using all possible insight and resources to gain maximum revenue across our current affairs brands The Week, The Week Junior, Money Week and The Week Day.
- Work collaboratively with the Advertising Director to meet and exceed team revenue. Yield and market share targets.
- You’ll be speaking to and meeting all relevant levels of decision-makers within your agency patch. The development and optimisation of senior client relationships is a core part of this role, so client selling proficiency/ experience is key!
- You’ll be writing an individual strategy plan for your business, key areas and each major account within your portfolio for all The Week platforms.
- You’ll be responsible for setting the standards for customer relationships on the team and be the first to react to changes in the market and find opportunities through sound strategy. Demonstrate a professional account management technique with high standards of service and a proactive approach to meeting your clients business needs.
- You’ll be applying a combination of clear strategic thinking with tenacious sales ability to achieve your agreed business objectives.
Who are we looking for?
- Sales Performance – you have proven self-motivation and determination to optimise advertising revenue performance across all platforms.
- Intelligent, tenacious – leading by example with exemplary sales technique and contacts at senior client, planner and implementation level.
- Operational skills – you have a high level of attention to detail, a methodical and effective working practice applied to all areas of sales team administration
- Innovation –you’re a creative thinker with commercial application, proven incremental revenue creation from multi-platform solutions for clients.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. Not to mention the free magazines and discounted subscriptions!
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.