Dennis embraces modern development and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on supporting all of our staff, allowing them the time to learn, grow and experiment. Each year the team attends multiple front end & Drupal conferences giving back to both the community and to colleagues.
We’re now looking for a Front End Developer to drive the ongoing innovation of Dennis’ online portfolio, demonstrating a highly collaborative, adaptable and passionate approach, able to deliver a variety of projects to the very highest quality.
- Best practice: We like our stuff neat and tidy and we hope you do to! Together we’ll strive to cultivate a team that produces robust, clean, extensible and reusable code.
- Technical authority: Front end technologies and philosophies change all the time and we need someone who can keep up. At Dennis we’re always looking at the next big thing. React, web components and progressive web apps to name a few. If you’re passionate about learning new things you’ll fit right in. Drupal 7/8 is what powers our front end so bonus points if you’ve experience working with that along with open source in general.
- Strategic thinking: Do you have ideas on what we can do better? We want to hear about them! Thinking strategically is highly valued and suggesting ways that we can improve our architecture is what we’re in to.
- Performance: What’s the use of all that shiny code if it’s slow? We believe that optimising front end performance is worth the time. If you care about cross browser/device compatibility, progressive enhancement and making code super fast then this is the role for you.
- Collaboration: Working effectively is all about working collaboratively. You’ll be communicating with multiple teams to offer development and design solutions that push out tech and move the business forward. We love open source and consider it important to allow our developers to not only mentor colleagues but to also contribute back to the community.
- Design Creativity: Creativity, innovation and originality are key across all of our projects. We’re looking for someone who enjoys keeping up with and applying modern design patterns and philosophies.
We hope you now have a clear idea of who we’re looking for. You’ll need to have excellent Front End Development techniques and optimised best practices, and experience with modern JS libraries & frameworks (React, Preact, Vue, Riot).
We expect you to have impressive experience with front end environments and tooling (Node, NPM, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Babel) as well as front end performance optimization. You’ll need good knowledge of Drupal 7 and 8 architecture, Responsive Web Development, Progressive enhancement, SASS, CSS, and HTML.
You’ll be creative and keen to innovate; keeping up to date with current design trends, and demonstrate a comprehensive conceptual design range.
We really want someone with a deep passion for front end and open source development, combined with strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills. You should display meticulous attention to detail, be highly collaborative and adaptable, able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
It’s a bonus if you have experience working with React.js or similar frameworks, BDD/TDD and other testing frameworks, or a track record of working in an Agile team working with Kanban, or on high traffic sites in large scale organisations.
At Dennis, we dedicate ourselves to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in.
- We’re award winning. Award-winning brands, award-winning teams and a culture that encourages innovation.
- Our commitment. We’re all very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis. Every employee can plant a tree in their name to be part of our vision and future.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have plenty of great benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. After five years with Dennis you’ll earn a 6-week paid sabbatical, to spend as you like. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime, selecting from one of our handpicked travel experiences, to a variety of destinations that will certainly have the 'wow' factor.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties, or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we guarantee you’ll enjoy ‘Life at Dennis.’
Dennis does not discriminate in any way. We’re only interested in your skills, your talent and your potential.